How does salt effect the use of watercolors??
Look, what do you see happening when two media interact?
I CanWhat you should be able to do through this project
Make observations closely and see how media reacts to other materials.
Draw and experiment with a different media such as glue and salt.
STEP BY STEP
- Use your glue and put 5 or 6 dots on the paper.
- From each dot draw lines shooting out from the center.
- Pour salt over the glue, and shake any excess on top (reapply salt if needed to cover the glue completely).
- Wake up your water colors with a paintbrush, you will want your paint to have lots of water (soupy/runny)
- Now use your brush to drip paint onto the salted glue. How does the color travel? What happens when you mix the colors?
- Set aside in a safe place to dry, and you will notice how the crystals in the salt sparkle, taking on the color.