How can we create a sculpture inspired by natures' process?
I can create artwork inspired by nature.
I can create a sculpture, a form I can see all the way around.
Join me on Facebook Live and learn how to create a sculpture made from Natural Materials on May 5, 2020 at 3:30
Students will learn to create a sculpture inspired by nature, based on The Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
Materials that will be needed are
1. Toilet paper role (1)
2. Liquid glue (add a bit of water)
3. A Stick – As long as a piece of paper and as thick as your pinky finger
3. Nature – Leaves from last season that are on the ground (dried curled up).
4. Damp cloth (to wipe fingers on)
5. Plate or a messy mat (to catch drips)
Step by step
- Poke a hole through the toilet paper roll on either side and insert your stick.
- Using dried leaves and glue that is watered down, surround your base and cover with leaves, don’t leave any spots.
- The sculpture will get flexible/wet and you can gently shape it.
- Set aside to dry over night.