Weaving paper patternsWeaving is a process in which two or more materials can interlock and make useful objects like clothing or baskets. By interlocking the materials, they become strong and structured.
- Warp (lines on the loom)
- Weft (materials woven into the warp)
- Construction Paper 8×11
- Paper strips
- Demo weaving paper
- Art can be created from a variety of materials
- Weaving is an art form that is both function and form
- Weaving is an ancient craft used by many cultures
- Weaving focuses on the element of art FORM
I CAN ...
Use the A – B Pattern to create a weaving.
PART 1 – Painting
- Paint a piece of paper, using a variety of lines and colors
- After it’s dry cut into 8 even strips
PART 2 – Create the Loom
- Make a stop line on the paper using a ruler or straight edge
- Fold paper in 1/2
- Cut into the paper from the folded edge to the stop line at 1/2 | 1/4 | 1/8
PART 3 – Weave your paper strips
- Use your painted paper strips of paper and follow a pattern.
- Over and under A/B pattern
- Next line follow the pattern but opposite B/A